Friday, May 12, 2006

Back in the Day with Big C

Screw Junior. I like the title and I'm making it my own .

Thank you for reading the first edition of Back in the Day with Big C. I will post deep, soul searching thoughts as I recall fond (or unfond, but probably fond. maybe some fondle memories but I don't have that many) memories from BACK IN THE DAY...

I remember, back in the day, at OU, there was nothing better than starting your drinking anytime between 3 and 4 in the afternoon on a warm Friday in the spring. Either it was going to Taco Salad night at Nelson Dining Hall drunk, or going outside to throw the baseball around drunk, (Rob was good for at least one thing) or cooking out on a charcoal grill on West Green, drinking beer out of coffee travel mugs. Oh, and then there was an ENTIRE evening of more drinking to look forward to. There's something magical about being drunk before eating dinner on a warm Friday in spring, but only if you are drunk with someone else. Back in the day, it was easy to find someone to get drunk with before dinner on a warm Friday in spring... back in the day.

No comments: