Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Freestyle with the Rock Band Drum Kit

When I first got Rock Band, I found out quickly that one of the funnest things to do is to freestyle on the drum set before the "drum" part of the song began. I know we've all done it. I mentioned to one of my friends that it would be pretty cool if Rock Band released a patch that would allow you to simply "play" the drums. Well, that day has come, sorta.

Someone has figured it out, however not for XBox360, but the PC. Basically, you download a driver that allows you to use your 360 controller on your PC. Then you download the drum kit software, plug in your Rock Band drums (via USB), and viola. I downloaded and installed the driver and software and let me tell you, it's pretty cool. The software even lets you modify how each drum sounds, so you can play around with different combinations.

If you want to give it a shot, this is the web site with complete information and step-by-step instructions.

ROCK ON, party people!

1 comment:

B Town T said...

I'm going to have to download this. Too bad the plasma doesn't have the VGA connection.