Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blogs - Email the whole world can read

Since this blog thing won't die, I've decided to post something. I want to see if there's any interest in renting a beach house this summer. Depending on participation, it would be around $300-$400 a couple for the week. You can't beat that with a stick, nor with a twig. I'll have to do more searching if we decide to ditch the women and make it a sausage fest. Let me know... soon.

If there's no interest, I am considering flying to Cbus over Memorial Day weekend. Tentative plans would be getting there around 5:00 Friday and leaving Monday afternoon or early Tuesday.

I'd also like to announce that I will be retiring from the sport of competitive binge drinking after Memorial Day 2006. As you know, I try to drink a case of beer during the Indy 500 and the Coke 600. Having fallen short each time I've tried with Budweiser, this year I will regress to Miller High Life Light. If that doesn't work, I will leave the sport before I embarrass it further.

6 comments:

B Town T said...

What! No more double duty for Big C. I particularly like it when I call C to make sure he also drank a glass of milk after the 500 and a coke after the 600. This usually results in Big C puking from the beer/milk/coke combination. Good times.

slyght said...

i've requested off 26 june - 28 july, and since it is the summer, it should be approved. i'd be game between those dates. gotta find me a chica to bring along (or not, if it is al a sausag')

B Town Chump said...

I'm not so much interested in the beach house, although it does sound like a good idea. Unfortunately I have 2 weeks of vacation, and just so happen to have tix to each bristol race which will diminish my paid-time-off. However, I am definately interested in hanging out Memorial Day. In fact, if the beach house idea falls through, we can drive to Indy for the race and have enough time to make it home for the 600. Just a thought.

B Town Big C said...

The trip to Indy would (well should) kill my chance at the Memorial Day Case. Plus while I do have some cash now, it's not GE money. It looks about 80% sure I'll make it up. I just need to be sure I got the airport pickup/dropoff and the days off from work. I'll ask for those in the next week at least if not sooner. Anyone want to pickup/dropoff my ho ass?

B Town T said...

C I should be able to leave early that Friday to get you at the airport. I'll have that Mon. off for Mem. Day so the dropoff at the airport shouldn't be a problem.

B Town T said...

Also I'm the closest to the airport.